Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Art

I am not a stranger to the art world. I enjoy experiencing and discovering new works of art. I happened to read a tweet by Free People that read "Saturday Art" with a link attached. When I clicked on the link I feel in love with the pieces I saw.The color grabbed my attention and would let go. The black added just the right amount of drama to make them amazing. The pieces were designed by Lital Gold.

Lital Gold is a textile designer and illustrator from Israel. She sent an email to Free People asking for them to check out her work. When they clicked on the link they developed the same love for her work as I did. They featured her in their blog.


Lital Gold

Free People interviewed her. She seems like such a dynamic individual by the responses she gave. She was asked "what do you think is unique about your style of art?" She responds, "textile is unique. It has an inner bit, it's repetitive and traditional, a never-ending story. I love it and try to preserve it in my works by giving it a new aesthetic and interpretation. I bring myself and my own language and touch. All of my works are handmade, and each work tells a different story. That is what makes them communicative."






Her works of art definitely communicated something to me. I hope you enjoyed her works as much as I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment