Friday, July 22, 2011

Welcome,

I am a current student at the Interior Designers Institute and will be graduating April 2012. I am the Communications Chair for  the Retail Design Institute student  chapter netGEN.

Combining elements from different eras has always been intriguing to me, I am drawn to art, fashion, industrial design and urban culture. Developing a design style is a process. I would consider my design style as Metropolitan Urban Glamour. Metropolitan is defined as a characteristic of a metropolis or its inhabitants especially in culture, sophistication, or accepting and combining a wide variety of people and ideas. Exploring different cultures and incorporating it into is the basis of my design style. Architectural elements are an important aspect in the urban and industrial part of the style. Exposed brick and volume ceilings are prominently featured in nonresidential buildings retrofitted into lofts. Infusing some "sparkle" and texture establishes an inviting friendly environment. Mixing different materials and finishes adds sophistication and elegance. Metropolitan Urban Glamour is creating a tranquil urban oasis.

I hope that you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy posing the thinks that inspire me. Inspiration is everywhere. I hope the things that inspire me will inspire you as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment