Thursday, August 25, 2011

What Truly Inspired Me

My senior thesis project seemed daunting when I first heard about. The objective of the class was to select and develop a project that explores and deepens my understanding of how people utilize and behave in a designed environment. On that note the thoughts began rolling through my mind. 

What to design? I wanted to design something that truly inspired me. I have always been a fan of Bill Cosby. Considering I feel like I could have been a Cosby kid and my dad is my personal "Bill Cosby," always having a story to tell. I decided to choose an actual foundation. Hello Friend/Ennis William Cosby Foundation was established by Bill Cosby and his wife Camille to fulfill their son's goals and dreams. The name was inspired Ennis' common greeting. Hello Friend was founded in early 1997 and is dedicated to giving anyone with learning differences a lifelong fulfillment of learning.

The foundation really grabbed my attention because I see the effects of children with learning differences. It breaks my heart to see children who have fallen behind the other students in their grade and are never able to recover.


I want to create an environment for both children and adults. Incorporating interesting, complex images and sculptural elements to engage children's minds is important to helping children grow.

I am really excited about my project. The first half of my class went well, now it is almost time to start the second half. Design is a process and I am enjoying every minute of it. I am pushing myself to design an environment that I have never designed before. I am constantly thinking about the client and the community. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment